Saturday, October 20, 2012

God, are you serious?

Have you ever found yourself wondering "What the heck am I doing?" That is my question right now. "What the heck am I doing?" and, "God are you really serious?"

I am a busy person. By day I am an engineer, by evening I am a tutor, student, instructor, wife, mother, daughter, peacemaker, leader, volunteer, and cheerleader. I am focused; I am determined to make a difference; I refuse to let the potential that God has placed in me go to waste.  I have a lot on my plate, as most of us do, but I am certain that all the things that are on my plate are God ordained and God appointed. So therefore, I don't worry about getting burned out. I am restored daily, because God always fills my cup to overflow.

But....Foster parenting, God are you serious? How does that fit into my schedule? I am not sure if we are the right people for this job. How is this going to work? Aren't people going to think we are crazy?

Then God speaks to me:

 James 1:27  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. 

'Nuff said. What is my purpose in life? To glorify God in all things. How do I fulfill that purpose? By doing and loving as God tells me in His word. SO....with that said, Derrick and I went to the foster parent orientation, and now we are all in.

Pray for us. Pray for strength, courage, and wisdom, that we might honor God. 

God was (and always is) serious. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment